Why Celebrities Love Botox? Find Benefits of Botox
Celebrities all over the world want to look beautiful! But age eventually catches up with everyone. Signs of aging, wrinkles and facial lines can make even the most beautiful face look unattractive. However, there is a cosmetic procedure that helps them hide the signs of aging and look attractive – Botox.
Celebrity botox treatments have become very popular in the last few years. There are many Botox clinics Now they are turning to these cosmetic treatments. In the early 2000s, it was still taboo. Celebrities would not come out and reveal that they had gone for these treatments. But everything has changed now. Many of them are talking about their relationship with fillers and botox these days. And not only celebrities, millions of people around the world also go for these treatments.
Let’s now take a closer look at these beauty procedures and find out who uses Botox
What is Botox?
Botox is an injectable muscle relaxant that reduces wrinkles on the face. It uses safe amounts of onobotulinumtoxinA to temporarily prevent facial muscle movement.
This method is minimally invasive. It is effective and safe to treat wrinkles and fine lines. The FDA approved Botox for the treatment of eye muscle problems and blepharospasm in 1989, for frown lines in 2002, and for wrinkles around the corners of the eyes in 2013.
Injectable can be used in different parts –
- Glabellar area or between the eyebrows
- Crow’s feet or around the eyes
- Forehead wrinkles
- Neck bands
- Smokers’ lines
- drooping eyebrows
- forehead frown lines
- Mouth corners or marionette lines
It can also be used to treat some other diseases –
- Excessive underarm sweating
- Chronic migraine
- Overactive bladder
- Lower limb spasticity
- Cervical dystonia or neck spasm
Botox was the first injection that used onobotulinumtoxinA. There are other products out there now, but Botox remains the most popular, which is why there are so many celebrities doing Botox. In 2016 alone, more than 4.5 million Botox procedures were performed. Since then, the procedure has become even more popular, making it the #1 non-surgical beauty trend in the United States.
When did botox become popular?
The protein used in the injection was discovered in 1820. However, Botox injections first became popular in the mid-1980s. In 1997, demand was so high that the supply in the United States temporarily ran out. Its demand really peaked after FDA approval. At the time, celebrities using Botox were widely known as many revealed that they had gone for the treatment.
Celebrities with Botox
Here are some celebrities who have received Botox –
- Cindy Crawford – She revealed in 2015 that the quality of her skin comes from Botox.
- Gwyneth Paltrow – Gwyneth opened up about her treatment while speaking to Harper’s Bazaar in 2013.
- Kim Kardashian – The Kardashians, including Kim, have always been transparent about their skin care treatments. She revealed on the fifth season of Keeping Up With The Kardashians that she tried Botox for the first time.
- holly berry – Holly has absolutely no problem with botox either.
- Sofia Vergara – He insists that everyone should do good research before going into treatment.
- Cameron Diaz – He feels that cosmetic procedures like Botox make people feel better about themselves.
- Olivia Coleman – Olivia opens up about her Botox and says she loves the results.
- Anna Faris – Anna revealed in 2017 that she went for lip injections in 2000 to correct her thin upper lip.
- Britney Spears – He has also tried lip injections.
- Nicole Kidman – Nicole told La Repubblica from Italy that she was able to move her face again after Botox.
There are other stars like Katy Perry, Brooke Shields, Jamie Lee Curtis, Khloe Kardashian, Robin Wright, Kim Cattrall, Linda Evangelista and others with Botox.
Do all celebrities get botox?
You’ll see many celebrities, especially actors, who schedule botox two to three weeks before shooting a major scene. But, of course, not all of them are treated. Celeb Botox is still not for everyone.
How long does Botox last?
The results are not permanent, which is why you need the next Botox injection. It can last between 3 and 6 months, depending on various factors such as injection site, skin elasticity, age, amount of poison injected and depth of wrinkles.
Aftercare of Botox
Cosmetic uses for Botox are safe. But you still need to be careful after the session with the botox esthetician. For the rest of the day after the session, rest, gently exercise your face, do not touch the treated area, and avoid rubbing or putting physical pressure on the area.
There is almost no recovery time. You can return to work the next day.
Botox services cost about $550 on average. However, the cost of facial Botox injections can vary, depending on the size of the treatment area, the number of injections you need, and the clinic you visit for the procedure. Not covered by health insurance.
Is Botox safe?
Botox is completely safe and that is why facial Botox is FDA approved. There may just be some discomfort or bruising. Some people who have received these facial Botox injections have reported headaches, fatigue, swollen eyelids, double vision, neck pain, dry eyes, and allergic reactions such as itching and rashes. These reactions disappear quickly.
The benefits of Botox
What are the benefits of Botox? Botox has many benefits – it can be used to treat wrinkles and fine lines on the forehead, eyebrows, eyes (crow’s feet), nose, chin, lips and neck. So, you can see that there are many benefits to Botox for the face. It can also be used to treat some other diseases.
Botox and other facial fillers aren’t just for celebrities. Millions of people from all over the world have tried Botox and will tell you positive stories about this beauty procedure.