Kim Kardashian condemns Balenciaga in child ad controversy – Daily News

  • 2 min read
  • Nov 29, 2022

Kim Kardashian condemns Balenciaga in child ad controversy – Daily News

Kim Kardashian says she is “re-evaluating” her working relationship with Balenciaga after the luxury fashion house featured children cuddling teddy bears in bondage costumes in its latest ad campaign.

The Skims founder and reality TV star, who has been an ambassador for the fashion brand, broke her silence on Sunday after receiving a barrage of messages from fans and commentators asking her to condemn the brand.

In the comments posted to him social mediaKardashian said she had been waiting to speak “not because I’m disgusted and outraged by Balenciaga’s recent campaigns, but because I wanted an opportunity to talk to their team to see for myself how this could happen.”

She went on to say that as a mother, she has “shaken up the disturbing images.”

“The safety of children must be held in the highest regard and any attempt to normalize child abuse of any kind has no place in our society,” he told his 74.2 million Twitter followers on Sunday.

I appreciate the removal of the campaigns and the apology from Balenciaga. “In talking with them, I believe that they understand the seriousness of the issue and will take the necessary measures to prevent this from happening again.”

Kardashian, who wore an obscure Balenciaga ensemble to the 2021 Met Gala, was among the celebrities who attended the Balenciaga fashion show during Paris Fashion Week in July. Thursday’s season finale of Keeping Up With The Kardashians focused on her walking the Balenciaga show.

On Sunday, he addressed his future with Balenciaga in a follow-up post, writing: “I am currently re-evaluating my relationship with the brand, based on their willingness to accept responsibility for something that should never have been It was starting. And the steps I would expect to see them take to protect children.”

Kardashian’s statement comes days after the company pulled the controversial campaign shot by photographer Gabriele Galimberti as part of a project called “Toy Stories” and issued an apology on its Instagram page.

“We sincerely apologize for any offense our holiday campaign may have caused,” the statement read.

“Our teddy bear bags should not have been shown in this campaign with children. We immediately removed this campaign from all platforms.”

In a statement to CNN on Wednesday, Galimberti told CNN that directing and shooting the Toy Story campaign was out of his hands, claiming he had “no right to choose the products, the models or the mix in any way. From the same.”

Related Post :

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *